The fight against drug addiction
Table of Contents
Take your life back!
Our recovery program is simple and straightforward
The fight against drug addiction is a difficult task that requires a serious attitude. Neglecting a problem can cost a person’s life. At the same time, a person must be strong and motivated enough to go through all the stages of recovery programs. It is also very important to understand what the stages of drug addiction are, and what measures should be taken at each stage in order to get rid of addiction.
Addiction leaves its mark on all areas of the patient’s life. The sooner that measures are taken to combat the harmful addiction to chemicals, the greater the chances of saving a person from death. As a result of the use of narcotic components, irreversible changes occur in the body and consciousness. It will not be superfluous to convince the addict of this so that he agrees to receive qualified assistance.
What are the stages of drug addiction
It is known that drug use and drug abuse leads to the degradation of a person’s personality, body, and ultimately leads to premature death. This ends at the last stage of drug addiction. But, if a person understands what drug addiction is in time and stops, they have a chance to survive and return to a full life. These are the three stages of addiction:
- the first attempts that seem safe, but in fact, they are not so;
- regular use (search for emotional recovery);
- abuse (the usual way of emotional recovery);
Drug addiction develops very quickly, and a person does not notice how they fall into its net. Drugs act on the brain in such a way, that the person who uses them believes for a long time that they are controlling themselves, and if desired, they can easily refuse psychoactive drugs. Unfortunately, this is just an illusion.
How do you convince a drug addict to accept help?
The addicted person will continuously deny addiction. To resolve the issue faster, you should:
- Develop and voice a unified family position regarding substance abuse and addiction and the need to start a new life.
- Prepare material in advance on what drug addiction is all about, and tell the dependent about all the consequences of this bad habit.
- Get the addict’s consent when he/she is physically ill– during the withdrawal syndrome, at this point, you can try to convince them to accept the help of professionals.
- Tell them why drugs are addictive, and make it clear to the addict that the result is fatal.
Getting rid of drug abuse and addiction is a lengthy process that includes the use of medications and much more. The effectiveness of the measures used will depend largely on the quality of comprehensive assistance and adaptation of the former drug addict in society. Due to signs of chemical dependency, the nervous system of drug addicts suffers, and the slightest stress can lead to a relapse. Therefore, such people need to completely change their lifestyle to get rid of the craving for drugs, and begin to control their desires.
Awareness of the problem: The first step to healing
As soon as you notice signs of heroin use or meth use, action should be taken. Usually, a person in this state behaves inappropriately, and does not respond to external influences and conversations. For example, speed use signs are that a person cannot stand calmly- they need movement and drive.
First of all, it is worthwhile to understand that ordinary persuasion and threats will not have a positive impact on the dependent person, but will only complicate the situation. Besides that, drug addicts are aggressive, and a conversation about their illness can be dangerous to others. Only a specially trained person can convince a drug addict to take steps to change their lifestyle.
The consequences of acute intoxication
It should be understood that the most disastrous effect exerted by heroin is on the brain. A person degrades every day. Drug overdose and chemical dependence can be fatal. This risk exists with every use of narcotic substances, especially intravenous ones. In this case, a person is not able to ask for help: they lose consciousness, turn blue, and cannot move independently. Therefore, it is extremely important to seek the help of professionals, and not think about how to tell if someone is taking pills. Procrastination and silence can cost lives. Professional assistance should be as follows:
- Moral support and medical assistance. Drugs are prescribed to relieve and prevent depression and other emotional disorders. A calm night’s sleep is also expected with medication, daily biorhythms are harmonized, and brain processes of excitation and inhibition are regulated.
- Hardware Therapy: eliminates pathological asymmetry of the right and left cerebral hemispheres. The activation of the left hemisphere enhances the functions of self-control, discipline, volitional processes, and rational thinking. The removal of excitation from the right hemisphere helps to make the emotional sphere more stable. As a result, obsessive-compulsive attraction to drugs is eliminated, the patient’s mental state is improved, and the dosage of drugs can be reduced.
- Group therapy. This technique is an important part of the program to get rid of drug addiction. It allows the patient to reorient to a healthier lifestyle, and change their behaviors, thoughts, and emotions, and rebuild relationships with their family.
If everything goes well, the patient looses the desire to take drugs, and obsessive memories of narcotic sensations cease. However, without the help of specialists and regular prevention, breakdowns and the return of dependence are very possible.
Cost of stay in the center
The cost of staying in the center of rehabilitation of dependence varies on the number of days spent. On average, the fight against drug addiction takes anywhere from 6 to 12 months. Most of the time is devoted to social adaptation and restoration of a person’s personal integrity. It is very important that the addicted receive support from family and loved ones. With this, the effectiveness of the program is greatly enhanced.
Our HKC recovery coaching center has a versatile approach to the problem. The high professionalism of our employees provides customers with a quick release from physical and psychological dependence. By turning to our center, you will receive effective and anonymous help for drug addicts from qualified specialists. We use various techniques to improve the patient’s condition and stop the pathological dependence.
If you are ready to make your pain the source of your power, just give us a call!
Addiction has become major problem of modern humanity. It should be known that HKC is not just a drug addiction recovery center. Primarily, HKC recovery coaching is a place for those who are ready to change and can no longer remain in despair. Our goal is to create a supportive environment so that you can better understand yourself and destroy your addictions, fears, and fixations. Remember, you are not alone in your struggle. If you are ready to make your pain the source of your power, just give us a call!